HomeToGo is one of the most popular vacation rental platforms with over 50 million monthly users worldwide! As a leading player in the short-term rental market, the site has just released the results of its travel trends study for this fall/winter 2022/2023, conducted with its internal data and surveying travelers from 5 key European markets: France, UK. Germany, Spain and Italy. So what are the 5 trends you should expect as a vacation rental owner? Answer provided below in 5 key points.
The 5 travel trends for Fall/Winter 2022/2023 collected by HomeToGo
1. Strong traveler demand for this Fall/Winter 22/23
Following the summer trend, this fall and winter travelers will be confident and continue to travel. HomeToGo highlights 3 points in this regard:
- Holiday rental searches have increased by 38% compared to last year
- Respondents plan, on average, to stay one to two nights between September 2022 and March 2023
- 65% of respondents reveal that their travel decision will not be influenced by the number of Covid cases
2. Workation under the sun
Now that remote work has become commonplace in many companies, a door is wide open for more bookings outside of major vacation periods. The survey found that 13% of travelers surveyed plan to telecommute (i.e. go on a workation) in the next six months, including 64% of Generation Y (those born between the early 80s and late 90s).
When it comes to sunny destinations, the top five include:
Guides for Vacation Rental Hosts
Learn how to scale your vacation rental business. In our guides you can find extensive information about all major booking portals, such as Airbnb, Booking.com and Vrbo, tools, automation tiüps and much more.
1. Bali, Indonesia, 384% in search trends compared to 2021
2. Malta, 200%.
3. Thailand, 176%.
4. Ibiza, Spain, 173%
5. Lanzarote, Spain, 170%
3. Traveling not sacrificed despite inflation
Despite the rising cost of living, more than 40% of respondents in the study said their travel plans would not be affected by inflation over the next six months. A significant portion of travelers will therefore continue to travel in the coming months.
4. Renewed interest in international travel
The share of international searches compared to domestic searches has changed by 6% compared to Fall 2021. In Europe, international searches for fall stays are up 31% over last year, indicating strong momentum for the upcoming season.
Which destinations are most booked by international tourists?
- The Andalusia region in Spain is booked by travelers from the United Kingdom
- The Provence-Côte d’Azur region is most booked by Italian travelers
- The Algarve region in Portugal by Spanish travelers
- Istria in Croatia by German vacationers
- Catalonia by French travelers
5. Cleanliness is a must
Beyond the price of the rental, what criteria do travelers focus on? Travelers have responded:
- Cleanliness (Smoobu’s guide: cleaning in vacation rentals)
- Free cancellations
- The facilities
To learn more and download the study, go here.
Register your vacation rental on HomeToGo
Multiplying your listings on booking sites allows you to reach a wider target, and therefore potentially generate more bookings. Find out how to register with HomeToGo and further develop your vacation rental business. The good news is that you can connect your HomeToGo account with Smoobu, HomeToGo’s exclusive Channel Manager, and synchronize your bookings in real time.
Try Smoobu for free for 14 days and make it easy to manage your short-term rentals!
Table of contents:
- 1 The 5 travel trends for Fall/Winter 2022/2023 collected by HomeToGo
- 2 Register your vacation rental on HomeToGo