Vacation rental booking platform HomeToGo has published the results of its study on the travel trends expected for fall/winter 2023/2024. Find out more.
Fall/winter 2023/2024: 3 travel trends revealed by the HomeToGo study
Summer’s gone, and the fall/winter 23/24 season is now open for all vacation rental hosts. The HomeToGo booking portal has conducted a survey of 3,000 travelers*, revealing the season’s major trends.
1. Travelers are being savvy with their spending
70% of travelers stated in the HomeToGo survey that they were more interested in saving money when traveling than in previous years. Travelers looking to save money:
- Book further in advance
- Travel outside peak season
- Prepare their own meals in their vacation rental
- Open your booking calendar / availability months in advance to secure future bookings and thus achieve the highest possible occupancy rate.
- The off-season may be quieter for many short-term rental owners, but that doesn’t mean it’s a lost season. Read our blog for 10 tips on how to boost your bookings in low season.
- A well-equipped vacation rental will be practical and appreciated by your future travelers. Remember to equip your kitchen to make meal preparation pleasant and easy.
2. Forward-thinking travelers
The HomeToGo study shows that 72% of travelers are planning their stays for this fall/winter. The British and Germans are the most forward-thinking of the travelers surveyed. 49% of them are planning a stay abroad.
Smoobu tips :
- To make it easy for travelers to book your vacation rental, consider opening your calendar to bookings for upcoming seasons. Booking platforms will give you a higher ranking if your calendar is open further in advance.
- Prepare your rental for international guests with our Smoobu Guide.
3. Favorite destinations for the season
For the fall/winter 2023/2024 season, the most popular destinations are :
- Mountains 44%
- City 38%
- Small towns 32%
The HomeToGo study also reveals that the most sought-after city is Paris.
* Study conducted by HomeToGo with a general population sample of 3,000 respondents in total, 500 per market (US, UK, DE, ES, IT, FR). To take part in the survey, respondents had to be aged 18 or over. The survey was carried out on August 13
List your vacation rental on HomeToGo and manage your listing from Smoobu
Multiplying your presence on multiple booking portals enables you to reach a wider target audience, and therefore potentially generate more bookings. Find out how to register with HomeToGo and further develop your vacation rental business.
Good news: you can connect your HomeToGo account exclusively to the Smoobu Channel Manager, and synchronize your bookings in real time. Try Smoobu free for 14 days and make your short-term rental business easier to manage!