As part of a vacation rental business, you may want to consider creating a vacation rental website to develop your direct, commission-free bookings. In this article we will give you 5 reasons to do so to boost your business even more.
5 reasons to create a website for vacation rentals
1. Generate commission-free direct bookings and increase your revenue
The primary benefit of launching your own vacation rental website is to receive commission-free bookings. You earn more money, your travelers are also free of service fees from portals. Thus, everyone wins.
Discover the website creator powered by Smoobu.
2. Develop your brand image
Launching your own website allows you to develop your brand image in many ways:
- By doing so, you will gain independence from booking platforms like Airbnb or Booking.com. Moreover, if one day you decide to delete one of your listings, you will always have at least one booking channel available for your future travelers.
- You will be able to promote your brand and the name of your vacation rental with your own domain.
3. Create a new point of contact with your potential travelers
Travelers have different profiles. Some will book on different booking platforms like Booking.com, Vrbo, Airbnb and others via specific websites. So by launching your own online website, you will be able to complete your contact points with your potential travelers: listings on rental websites and social networks.
4. Boost your occupancy rate
With your own booking engine/booking calendar on your website, you complement your online offers and provide an additional online medium to reach potential customers and generate potential bookings.
5. Connect with your potential travelers
By offering a website to book your vacation rental to your potential renters, you give them the opportunity to have direct contact with you, without an intermediary. This way you can enhance the traveler experience and improve it.
Smoobu practical guide: how to create a website for vacation rentals
Want to go learn on the subject? Then find in our complete guide all the essential information about how to create a short-term rental website and the content you can publish on it. You’ll also find 4 reasons to start your own blog!
Create a website for vacation rentals with Smoobu
Did you know that Smoobu, the all-in-one vacation rental software, offers a tool to easily and efficiently create your direct booking website? Try our software for yourself and take advantage of a free 14-day trial right now! No commitment and no credit card is required, what are you waiting for?
Table of Contents
- 1 5 reasons to create a website for vacation rentals
- 2 Smoobu practical guide: how to create a website for vacation rentals